Re: tntnet

Hmm. Guerilla marketing?

Wish I had time to check it out. Looks kinda fun.

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 5:55 AM, ChadDavis <chadmichaeldavis@gmail.com> wrote:
I've noticed the tntnet is running on my box.  I'm on wheezy.

I'd like to turn it off, at the least.  But I wonder why it's fired up
in the first place.  I didn't install it, unless by accident.  How
might I determine if something else is using it?

apt-cache rdepends doesn't seem to indicate any package dependent on tntnet.

Check your install log, see if it got installed on a day you might have been asleep at the wheel? 8-(  I do that a lot, unfortunately.:-|) Or if it even got installed at all.

It seems to be rather small for a web server.

You might try connecting to it on the port that it's listening to, to see what it's publishing to the web. But use lynx or even telnet to start with, so that, if the worst case turns out to be the case, you can at least keep the damage from spreading.

If you didn't mean telnetd.

--
Joel Rees