Re: Gain owner of a file using vim :w!

> I'm not sure how this works. What were the permissions on the file before you edited it?

Yeah, you sure your not accessing an sftp with suid dir permissions.

I get permission denied.

Also setting chattr +ias on a file as root prevents the folder
shenanigans

On OpenBSD setting chflags schg means you would need to reboot or
defeat the very secure kernel.

I understand how the folder thing could trick you and I would guess
whether it is a bug has been debated many times coming down to inodes
vs logic but as for read-only and IPR how could you expect any
different, you can prevent others except root reading with standard
chmod?

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)