Re: no xorg

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 08:19:49AM -0700, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jul 2013, sp113438 wrote:
> > Anyway, it's too late to check out myself since I installed Sid ;)
>
> Just remember when updating to use dist-upgrade instead of regular
> upgrade to have the most current files installed instead of just the
> "fixes" for old installed files.

As discussed on this list in the past, that can get you into trouble!

The recommended procedure is to upgrade first, THEN dist-upgrade, BUT
ONLY IF you are satisfied with what is going to be removed and replaced.

IOW, answer no to the dist-upgrade question if you are not happy with
what it is going to do your system.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X