Re: no xorg

On Sun, 28 Jul 2013, sp113438 wrote:

> Hello,
> I did a fresh minimal install of wheezy
> I could not add xorg afterwards.
> I am not going to install bla bla bla
>
> So I had to reinstall wheezy with desktop from tasksel
>
> That did the job

I started my Wheezy as a minimal install, too.  But ...

Did you set up the Debian repositories?

After which, did you do an "apt-get update" and "apt-get upgrade"?

Then, "apt-get install xserver-xorg-core" and "apt-get install xinit"?

Then install whatever GUI metapackage you want?  For example: "apt-get
install xfce4"  will install xfce4. Or "apt-get install gnome". Or
"apt-get install lxde".

Always read the manual first. I do.  You'll have a lot less problems.