Re: Continuous brute force attempt from own server !!! (OT question)

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 11:26:17PM +0900, Joel Rees wrote:

> Do you mean actually recycled? Or are you thinking of one-time pads?

Not really.

Umm, what about:
http://www.logicalsecurity.com/resources/whitepapers/Cryptography.pdf

"... We'll cite two kinds of rotation ciphering machines: the Jefferson
disk and the ..."

And the term "rotation" crops up in the actual ciphering technique, e.g.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesar_cipher

"... For instance, here is a Caesar cipher using a left rotation of
three places, equivalent to a right shift of 23 (the shift parameter is
used as the key): ..."

And as the technology "evolved" the terminology did not and got infused
into modern technology.

E.g. "Hey Barman, can you put that on the slate mate." :)

I'm not sure if my reasoning is accurate or not, but it sounds darned
good to me. :)

oppressing." --- Malcolm X