Re: Continuous brute force attempt from own server !!! (OT question)

Thanks for the amusing responses.

With our new knowledge of who actually reads our emails, rules for
cycling passwords have lost pride of place in a ranking of
things-to-worry-about.

I intended the question to be answered in the context of the post by
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh, where 'across security domains' is
considered less desirable than 'across hosts'. I know what hosts are
when writing computer stuff, but, come to think about it what does it
mean to rotate keys? Is the idea that a particular key string is to be
reused on some host after it has been removed from service on some
other host? I had thought that it was best to never use a retired key
string again - but security is tricky - maybe there might be some
point in using old strings as the keys on some (unmentioned) honey pot
servers.