Re: HP Deskjet 1050A All-in-One Printer not found

On Mon 22 Jul 2013 at 18:39:35 +0100, Sharon Kimble wrote:

>  I also have a HP Deskjet 1050A All-in-One Printer which is NOT seen by
> lsusb. what can i do to make it be seen please? hp say it is
> debian-compatible. it is not shown in lsusb as -

Switch it off and leave it for a while - it might be sulking. Remove the
HP Deskjet 1000, switch on the 1050A and connect it to the same USB port
as the Deskjet used, using the same cable of course.

Post the outputs of

   lpinfo -l -v | grep usb

and

   lpinfo -v

> I've run 'hp-setup -i' as root and it fails to find any device at all for a
> printer.

How can it if the device is not registered on the USB bus?