Re: Has Wine been removed from Debian?

David Guntner:

> Running 6.0.7.  This morning, I did an aptitude update, followed by:
>
>> # aptitude safe-upgrade
>> Resolving dependencies...
>> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>>   libwine{u} libwine-alsa{u} libwine-cms{u} libwine-gl{u} libwine-gphoto2{u} libwine-ldap{u} libwine-print{u}
>>   libwine-sane{u} wine{u} wine-bin{u} wine-utils{u}

Wow. So much for the "safe" in "safe-upgrade". Looks like a reason to
ditch aptitude.

And, just BTW: even if a package is removed from Debian's repositories,
that doesn't mean apt(itude) automatically removes it from your system.
That would be really horrible behaviour.

J.
--
I feel yawning hollowness whilst talking to people at parties.
[Agree]   [Disagree]