Re: Has Wine been removed from Debian?

David Guntner grabbed a keyboard and wrote:
> Running 6.0.7.  This morning, I did an aptitude update, followed by:
>
>> # aptitude safe-upgrade
>> Resolving dependencies...
>> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>>   libwine{u} libwine-alsa{u} libwine-cms{u} libwine-gl{u} libwine-gphoto2{u} libwine-ldap{u} libwine-print{u}
>>   libwine-sane{u} wine{u} wine-bin{u} wine-utils{u}
>> The following packages will be upgraded:
>>   libapache2-mod-php5 libpoppler-glib4 libpoppler-qt4-3 libpoppler5 php5-cli php5-common playonlinux poppler-utils
>> 8 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 11 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
>> Need to get 12.8 MB of archives. After unpacking 53.0 MB will be freed.
>> Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]
>
> What gives?  Has Wine been removed from the distribution?  Just
> wondering.  I don't really use it, and since I use Playonlinux for what
> little Wine-based stuff I dork around with (which will download and
> install various versions of Wine under your home directory), I'm not
> that worried.  But I did think it kind of odd that aptitude now wants to
> remove it.

Well, heck.  I just noticed that one of the things being upgraded is the
afore-mentioned Playonlinux.  Maybe there's something about that package
upgrade that decided to remove the system-wide Wine since it'll work
with the version(s) of Wine it will install for you.

Sorry for the list clutter. :-)

              --Dave