Re: any utility to change ip

by the way it is my thread .... :) any ways. the easiest way to achieve your goal is  "arp-scan"

install "arp-scan"

i dont know if it support other destros or not

you can do "arp-scan 192.168.1.0/24" all devices/Computers with MAC addresses will be listed.

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 9:42 AM, Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> wrote:
On 07/17/2013 12:26 AM, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
> is there any utility to change IP via command line, actually i am
> looking for a utility same as the one which we using during installation
> of debian. it actually find and display all the brand names of Ethernet
> controllers and Ethernet port assignments. can i call the same utility
> via normal console or is there any different one which i can use on debian.
>
> Thanks,

One would think there is some simple way to find what device is using
what ip. but I haven't ever seen it. Since the system installs printers
and other network hardware, it surely must know what the ips for these
devices are. (It would have to work on any Linux system, not just
Debian, since that is not my normal system.)

Anybody know?

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M.Greeley