Re: any utility to change ip

On 07/17/2013 03:24 PM, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
by the way it is my thread .... :) any ways. the easiest way to achieve your goal is "arp-scan"

install "arp-scan"

i dont know if it support other destros or not

you can do "arp-scan 192.168.1.0/24 <http://192.168.1.0/24>" all devices/Computers with MAC addresses will be listed.

    /snip/

    One would think there is some simple way to find what device is using
    what ip. but I haven't ever seen it. Since the system installs
    printers
    and other network hardware, it surely must know what the ips for these
    devices are. (It would have to work on any Linux system, not just
    Debian, since that is not my normal system.)

    Anybody know?

    --doug

    -

Well, this is closer than anything else yet. It's arpscan, without the hyphen, and it did not find any MAC adresses, nor did it produce the name of the printer
at 120. Here's the output:

[doug@Dell ~]$ sudo arpscan -p 192.168.1.0/24
Password:
00:15:C5:A8:8A:7A 192.168.1.103
00:23:69:BC:D3:36 192.168.1.1
50:E5:49:B3:A2:51 192.168.1.102
00:0E:7F:E3:77:B7 192.168.1.101   Hewlett Packard
00:26:AB:FA:BB:58 192.168.1.120

So that's some help. Thank you!

--doug

    -
    Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both
    sides.
    --A.M.Greeley