Re: live-build questions

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Hans-J. Ullrich" <hans.ullrich@loop.de>
>
> Hi all,
> don't know, if I may ask these questions here, but I allow me to do
> so.
>
> 1. How can build a new iso, when I already did a live build?
> (in case, when there are new package versions available)
> lb clean and lb clean --binary did not help. The second build started
> again,
> hen I did a lb clean --purge - but then I have to download all the
> packages
> again! And I do not want to download 3 GB again and again.
>
> 2. How can I add my own configurations in the build?
> I want to add my own xorg.conf and my own 50-synaptics.conf
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> I already checked the live-build manual, but not everything was clear
> for me
> (i.e. I did not understand, what the docu meant with "stages")
>
> Best regards
>
> Hans
>
> P.S. The build was a kali-linux vuild.

There is a debian-live email list that might give you quicker answers.

I'll tell you how I've handled rebuilds in the past:  I use apt-cacher-ng.  So all of my *.deb downloads are cached, whether for live-build or not.  I forget the lb option for specifying your apt cache, but you can always do this in your terminal:

export http_proxy="http://myproxy:3142";

It's not too late to set up apt-cacher-ng.  There is a method for importing already-downloaded debs into the cache.

-Rob