Re: any utility to change ip

On 07/17/2013 12:53 AM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
> On 2013-07-17 07:48, David Guntner wrote:
>> Doug grabbed a keyboard and wrote:

>>> Anybody know?
>> man ifconfig
>
> it's now iproute2: ip addr xxx vvv
>
> --
> RMA.

 I didn't find iproute2, but doing man ifconfig brings up a message
that this is obsolete, and to see ip addr and ip link.

Looking at the man pages for either of these shows each to be 1000 lines
or more, and, while I tried a batch of suggested commands, I
obviously don't understand what's going on. In no case did I get
anything useful.

What I'd really like to see is something like this:

192.168.1.100		HPLaserJet 2200dn
192.168.1.101           Epson WP4530
192.168.1.104		TV Blu-ray player

(Obviously, these are not necessarily what the ips really are--that's
what I'd like to find out!)

Looking at pages in PCLOS.

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M.Greeley