Re: Setting up HP LaserJet 1018 on Debian Wheezy

Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> writes:

> On Tue 16 Jul 2013 at 13:16:12 +0200, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>
>> Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> writes:
>>
>> > You have an unstable install; does printing work there?
>>
>> Wheezy is now stable. I don't understand your sentence abowe. My first
>> language is Hungarian. Sorry. Can you explain it a little more?
>
> No problem. I was thinking of
>
>    http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2013/07/msg00671.html
>
> where you said
>
>    my system is Debian GNU/Linux unstable (sid).
>
> That system would require firmware too.

Ah, OK.

The Debian GNU/Linux unstable (sid) system is my Desktop system at my
home, and the GNU/Linux Wheezy is my newly installed system in the
School on an older PC Box, where I just installed it as a Wheezy
desktop.

To the Wheezy Desktop PC Box is connected through USB port the HP
LaserJet 1018 printer, that I actually trying to setup as a shared
printer on the local School network.

So, I shall to try out tomorrow commands and advices that I red in the
/usr/share/doc/printer-driver-foo2zjs/README.Debian file.

( I just installed at home on my Debian SID the package
printer-driver-foo2zjs just to see whether is there some documentation,
and find README.Debian out there. )

--
Regards from Pal