Re: keyboard configuration doesn't works after SID upgrade

Morten Bo Johansen <mbj@spamcop.net> writes:

> On 2013-07-15 Csanyi Pal wrote:
>
>> I can give some informations more.
>
>> On the console ( not on X Window System ) when I start Midnight
>> Commander ( mc ) I can hear right after mc start a beep, which I never
>> heared before. Moreover, when I use arrow keys in mc, I heare every time
>> a beep, which I never heared before.
>
>> When I run emacs-nox in an xterm window ( on X Window System ) I can't
>> use the Arrow Keys anymore. When I Try to use eg. the
>> Left key, I get message: M-[ d is undefined,
>> Right key, I get message: M-[ c is undefined,
>> Up key, I get message: M-[ a is undefined,
>> Down key, I get message: M-[ b is undefined.
>
>> Does this tell to you something about this problem?
>
> No ideas directly, but since Squeeze the keyboard configuration
> for both X Window and console is handled by the
> keyboard-configuration package.
>
> You could try to reinstall that package:
>
>   sudo apt-get install --reinstall keyboard-configuration
>
> and then run
>
>   sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration
>
> A reboot smells like Windoze, but if the kernel has anything to
> do with loading character maps, then maybe a reboot wouldn't
> harm.
>
> Just try it and see it gives you something.

I did run these commands abowe that you advices me.

I can now use my keyboard as usually, that is as before, but only on X
Window System. I can now use emacs-nox in an xterm window without any
problem. Arrow keys works as expected.

I have problem only in the console ( that is not in X Window System ).

There Midnight Commander ( mc )beeps every time when I use arrow keys,
and I heare beep when start mc too.

--
Regards from Pal