Re: Problem printing (SCX-4200)

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 07:10:34PM -0300, Beco wrote:
> I have this laser printer (Samsung SCX-4200) since august 2007, and it
> saw some Debian versions already, among others.
>
> It always printed ok. Its plugged via USB on a print server computer,
> with Wheezy now, with CUPS.
>
> Since Wheezy upgrade, I got a funny inexplicable problem:
>
> When I send a job to print, it prints only the first page, if that
> much, and then the printer hangs, as if reading more data, and give up
> after some minutes printing the error code:

What error code?

Check the CUPS error log (/var/log/cups/error_log) for any informative
messages.  You can also change the LogLevel in cupsd.conf to make it
log more information (e.g. set to "debug") if the log doesn't show
you anything useful.

Check that it's not something like running out of disc space on /var
after you did the wheezy upgrade.  "apt-get clean" to clean the apt
cache for example.

Regards,
Roger

--