Problem printing (SCX-4200)

Dear linuxers,

I have this laser printer (Samsung SCX-4200) since august 2007, and it
saw some Debian versions already, among others.

It always printed ok. Its plugged via USB on a print server computer,
with Wheezy now, with CUPS.

Since Wheezy upgrade, I got a funny inexplicable problem:

When I send a job to print, it prints only the first page, if that
much, and then the printer hangs, as if reading more data, and give up
after some minutes printing the error code:

What I can do is to go to the printer dialog box, disable it, enable
again, send the job again, and some times this works and print all the
job. Sometimes only the first page again.

Sometimes, nothing at all, and in this case, I turn off the printer,
turn it on again, make sure it is enabled, and try to print again.

Its a real pain! I did not asked for help before, because I tought
this problem would solve automagically after some wheezy upgrades, but
until now the problem persists.

I thought in buying this little print server equipment (TP-Link
TL-PS310u [1]) so I could avoid cups at once, but I was afraid it
wouldn't work with linux (spec says only about *others OS).

So I'm asking for advice. If you have info on

(1) The problem itself, please help me figure out how to solve it.
(2) The print server piece of hardware: do it work easily? How would I
configure the printer? Would it solve the problem?

Thanks!

Beco.

[1] http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?model=TL-PS310u

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." (H. Jackson Brown Jr.)