Re: Segfault after dist-upgrade

On Saturday 13 July 2013 09:40:38 Anne Forker wrote:
> I have had this post-invoke test error before when I executed apt-get -f
> dist-upgrade with some libs preloaded (I moved the libc6.so following
> http://blog.i-al.net/2013/03/a-copy-of-the-c-library-was-found-in-an-unexpe
> cted-directory/). However I hoped to get around it.
>
> I'd like to know whether this error appeared on my behalf ...
>
> Suppose, I won't be able to restart the computer when it's shut down ...

I you still have the old *.so files in your root directory, put them back
(assuming mv still works).

if this does not work, you'll have either to:
- reboot from a live CD to try to restore old libc6
- install wheezy from scratch.

The 2nd step is probably easier. First you'll have to use a live cd to backup
your home and etc directory first before installation.

HTH