Re: Backup/Restore software?

Glenn English grabbed a keyboard and wrote:

> AMANDA. It does incremental backups (not just mirrors -- so it backs
> up only what's necessary, and you can deal with "oh why did I edit
> *that*?" too) in such a way that, in case of a major disaster, you
> can recover using tools like tar and dump. I've heard it can do
> backups to disks now, in addition to tapes.

That sounds familiar to me.  I think I might have used that at one time,
a long time ago when my Linux box was using a different distro, and
actually had a Travan tape drive in it.  If it can use disks as output
now, I'll give it a look.

> Like Backula, though, it's complex to configure...

If it's got reasonable documentation, I think I'll be able to manage. <grin>

Thanks!

            --Dave