Re: New Gnome in Wheezy - irc

>Dear List -
>
>I would like to try another modality to try to solve this mystery.
>
>How do I get to and use irc #debian-mate channel  on FreeNode?
>
>I have never used irc befpre.
>
>TIA

Ethan

I'm not really an irc-guy, but this is what I know
you, of course need a irc client.... I've used xchat before and it seems  ok.
* after you get that installed...
* when you first start up it shows you a network list of servers.
* find freenode on the list and hit connect button
* after a few seconds it will ask if you want to join a channel,
   there you type in #debian-mate.
* you should be onboard then.
if you've never used irc before, you might want to google and read a little
bit on IRC Etiqutte before you jump completly in ....
Good Luck!
mike