Re: New Gnome in Wheezy - irc

On Wed, 2013-07-10 at 19:23 -0400, Ethan Rosenberg, PhD wrote:
> Dear List -
>
> I would like to try another modality to try to solve this mystery.
>
> How do I get to and use irc #debian-mate channel  on FreeNode?
>
> I have never used irc befpre.
>
> TIA
>
> Ethan

Ethan, Ethan *chuckle*

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=irc+linux

Results in

Second link:
XChat: Multiplatform Chat Program
http://xchat.org/

Fifth link:
How to use the IRC - Linux Mint Community
http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/12

The fifth link is interesting regarding to

"Using pastebin to show text to other users" and "Using imagebin to show
images".

###

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=debian+irc

Results in

First link:
IRC - Debian Wiki
http://wiki.debian.org/IRC/

-> To connect, you need an IRC client
http://wiki.debian.org/IrcClients .

-> More information can be found on GettingHelpOnIrc
http://wiki.debian.org/GettingHelpOnIrc .

###

Do you have a concrete question? E.g. how to start?

http://xchat.org/docs/xchat-4.html

Hth,
Ralf