Re: About download speed

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 6:40 AM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
On Thu, 2013-07-11 at 06:31 +0900, Joel Rees wrote:
> Can apt-get be configured to use bt? Does it already, and I just
> haven't noticed?

http://wiki.debian.org/DebTorrent

And I find this tid-bit:

> ISPs have created proxies, blockers and stutterers (dropping 50% of traffic)
> to "deal" with the "problem" of bittorrent,

which is what I had assumed was happening several months ago, and, to which suggestion, I incurred some ire on the Fedora list. (Perhaps because my speculations included some other random buckshot that hit a target those participants on the fedora users list felt defensive about. Not that those random speculations were particularly off-base either, but that's how it is with politics and how it mixes with the industry.)

So, torrents in the updates are not quite there yet.

In one sense, not having as many mirrors as Fedora seems to be a good thing.

I wonder whether I can do something to help. If I can find some time.

--
Joel Rees