Re: About download speed

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 2:43 AM, André Nunes Batista <andrenbatista@gmail.com> wrote:
Please, note that this is debian user list, not debian customer service
list.

Asia sometimes has problems with mirror configurations that tend to slime-pit certain distros in certain areas at certain times.

Not with apt-get, but definitely with yum update and with downloading images from mirrors on some weekends.

Besides what others said, you could also try to download using
bittorrent.

Excellent suggestion for downloading install images.

But I'm thinking we generate as much or more traffic with apt-get. Can apt-get be configured to use bt? Does it already, and I just haven't noticed?

http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/7.1.0/

Look for you architecture and "bt" when browsing folders.

--

Luther Blisset
GNUPG/PGP KEY: 6722CF80

I challenge you to play the game in which there is no loser but
everything is fun and worthwhile!