Re: [not really solved] how to un-mute audio (was audio packages not authenticated?)

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 9:28 PM, Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 10:58:11AM +0900, Joel Rees wrote:
> FWIW, after installing several different mixer/controller widgets, I
> finally found one that allowed me to un-mute the output.
>
> (Top-post seems most appropriate to me here, since my "solution" doesn't
> seem to fit naturally into the flow of the thread. My apologies if I step
> on toes about top posting.)

What about trimming?

Ehh, trimming? Alsa has controls for that?

<8-o))

(Sorry, I seem to be in the twilight state between sleep and napping.)

Also a solution on its own in the thread would be
acceptable.

Seems to me that would break the thread. (And to what purpose?)

P.S. I wouldn't call this post a solution.

Thus the scare quotes.

(IOW, which mixer/controller
widget).

I don't think there is a specific solution.

(I think we need a more indicative message when apt-get can't authenticate because the mirrors are busy syncing. If that was what the problem with authentication was. Maybe add something like, "Try again later.")

The app my son says finally got him something to un-mute the audio with seems to have been alsamixergui.

But he's not sure. Sorry I'm not more informative.

--
Joel Rees