Re: unable to mount a vfat filesystem.

Hello,

atar a écrit :

> When I tried to mount a vfat filesystem into the filesystem tree I get an
> error message saying that the vfat filesystem is an unknown filesystem.
>
> I've tried to insert the vfat filesystem module into the kernel using both
> the modprobe and insmod commands but they both fails to insert the module.
> modprobe also prompt me to have a look at the output of the dmesg command.
>
> when I have executed the dmesg command I saw the following sentence:
>
> "vfat: Unknown symbol utf8s_to_utf16s_fixed"

This is due to a mismatch between the running kernel image and the
module you try to load.
$ cat /proc/version
$ sbin/modinfo -F vermagic vfat

> Have anyone here any idea how to solve this trouble?

Update the boot loader and reboot the system after a kernel upgrade. If
it does not solve the problem, check the active boot loader loads the
correct kernel image. (I remember a case where the actual boot process
did not use files in /boot but from another, not updated, location)