unable to mount a vfat filesystem.

Hi there!!

When I tried to mount a vfat filesystem into the filesystem tree I get an error message saying that the vfat filesystem is an unknown filesystem.

I've tried to insert the vfat filesystem module into the kernel using both the modprobe and insmod commands but they both fails to insert the module. modprobe also prompt me to have a look at the output of the dmesg command.

when I have executed the dmesg command I saw the following sentence:

"vfat: Unknown symbol utf8s_to_utf16s_fixed"

Have anyone here any idea how to solve this trouble?

Thanks in advance!!

atar.