Re: audio packages not authenticated?

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 7:22 AM, Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 10:30 AM, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
Joel Rees wrote:
> After the upgrade from squeeze to wheezy, sound doesn't work.

Sound can be very frustrating.  I have had my own share of problems
with it lately.

Hmm. Did I blog about it last time? I should check. But there are some changes this time, what with the audio group coming into play. I think I have that taken care of.

> I looked through the sound faqs and discover that key elements of my sound
> infrastructure are missing. So I started to add them using synaptic, but it
> tells me the packages are not authenticated.
>
> Are we still in the middle of shifting from non-authenticated packages to
> authenticated packages, or are the audio packages just like this?

No.  Everything is fine.  Therefore you have a problem on your end.

Maybe I should set LANG to en_US.UTF-8 to be sure I'm not missing something.

Verify that you have "wheezy" not "testing" in your /etc/apt/sources.list
file.

Checked that. That's where I started on the upgrade.

Did you remember to 'apt-get update'?

Always do, I'm pretty sure the upgrade would not have proceeded without it.

What is the output of:

  apt-cache policy debian-archive-keyring

Hand copying since that's faster than mailing it to myself from the other machine:

-------------------------
debian-archive-keyring:
   Installed: 2012.4
   Candidate: 2012.4
   Version table:
   *** 2012.4 0
             500 ftp://ftp.jp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main i386 Packages
             100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
 -------------------------

April 2012?

Pick one of the packages that you are trying to install.  Say it is
called "foo".  What is the output of 'apt-cache policy foo'?

Bob

I think this is the one I tried to install:

-----------------------
alsa-player-alsa:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 0.99.80-5.1
 Version table:
     0.99.80-5.1 0
         500 ftp://ftp.jp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main i386 Packages

Hmm. I think I'll run synaptic with LANG set to English now.

No errors this time. Maybe there were mirrors synchronization issues.

--
Joel Rees