Re: audio packages not authenticated?

Joel Rees wrote:
> After the upgrade from squeeze to wheezy, sound doesn't work.

Sound can be very frustrating.  I have had my own share of problems
with it lately.

> I looked through the sound faqs and discover that key elements of my sound
> infrastructure are missing. So I started to add them using synaptic, but it
> tells me the packages are not authenticated.
>
> Are we still in the middle of shifting from non-authenticated packages to
> authenticated packages, or are the audio packages just like this?

No.  Everything is fine.  Therefore you have a problem on your end.

Verify that you have "wheezy" not "testing" in your /etc/apt/sources.list
file.

Did you remember to 'apt-get update'?

What is the output of:

  apt-cache policy debian-archive-keyring

Pick one of the packages that you are trying to install.  Say it is
called "foo".  What is the output of 'apt-cache policy foo'?

Bob