audio packages not authenticated?

After the upgrade from squeeze to wheezy, sound doesn't work.

Adding users to the audio group has no effect.

I looked through the sound faqs and discover that key elements of my sound infrastructure are missing. So I started to add them using synaptic, but it tells me the packages are not authenticated.

Are we still in the middle of shifting from non-authenticated packages to authenticated packages, or are the audio packages just like this?

--
Joel Rees