Re: Starting Google Chrome - resend

On Friday 05 July 2013 18:03:01 Ethan Rosenberg, PhD wrote:
locate google-chrome | less --- gives no results. [except the files in
the Downloads directory].

Are you changing into the directory where you have placed the .deb before typing the command? Otherwise you need to give the whole path to the .deb, so that dpkg will know where to find the file.

Sorry if I am teaching my grandmother to suck eggs, but I am rather guessing in the dark here!

Lisi
Lisi -

Thanks.

Are you changing into the directory where you have placed the .deb before typing the command? Otherwise you need to give the whole path to the .deb, so that dpkg will know where to find the file.

Yes

Ethan