Re: Starting Google Chrome - resend

On Friday 05 July 2013 17:14:20 Ethan Rosenberg, PhD wrote:
I'm not sure that this ever got to the list, so I am resending.
================
Dear list -

I apologize for having to revisit this, but I can't get it to work,
which I cannot understand.  I followed the instructions I used
previously, and no luck.

Download from Google.

cd /home/ethan/Downloads

dpkg -i google-chrome-stable_current_i386.deb

works w/ errors.

I.e., Google-chrome is installed (or there would have been errors, since -i tells dpkg to install it).

apt-get -f install

So why are you trying again to install it? I don't use apt-get, but in aptitude you would have to say what you wanted installed. But google-chrome is already installed.

What makes you think it isn't?

No luck.  No executable found.

Mine is in /usr/bin/google-chrome - found by typing:
$ locate google-chrome | less

Created the directory /opt.
 Why?

Lisi

Lisi -

Thanks.

locate google-chrome | less --- gives no results. [except the files in the Downloads directory].

Ethan