Re: Starting Google Chrome - resend

On Sunday 07 July 2013 00:31:41 Charlie wrote:
>  On Sat, 6 Jul 2013 22:36:59 +0100 "Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz@gmail.com"
>  sent this:
>
>         >On Saturday 06 July 2013 22:24:34 Stephen Allen wrote:
> >> I have it working here fine on Debian's Chromium.
> >
> >Does it matter?
> >
> >Lisi
>
> I think it must Lisi, because someone posted about a problem with Chrome
> and the discussion was taken from that to Chromium not being "nearly"
> the same and then about things not working in Chromium or Chrome and so
> it continued.
>
> So I imagine it does matter.

Yes, Charlie.  I agree.  I had been involved in the discussion and agree that
that discussion matters.  And most people were saying that they found
flash-plugin-nonfree adequate, with which I did not disagree.  It was not
adequate for me, it was for them.  Worth establishing.  And it may well have
been my fault that I did not find it satisfactory.

<Quote from Stephen>
What do you mean exactly? It just does, if you have it installed. You
must go to Adobe's website and install it first of course.

I have it working here fine on Debian's Chromium.
</quote>

But Stephen appeared to me to want confrontation for confrontation's sake, and
it was that with which I was disagreeing.  Of course I know about having to
get it and install it before it would work!  It appeared to me as if he was
being deliberately insulting.  So I repeat:  Does it matter that Stephen,
clever Stephen, has it working to his satisfaction, so assumes that I am too
thick to know that something is not going to work unless I first download and
install it?  I still say not!

Lisi