Fwd: simulating a large Windows domain with Samba

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 9:26 PM, Rob Owens <rowens@ptd.net> wrote:

> The Domain controller will be an actual Windows machine, but for my test I need to have a very large number of computers added to that domain.  I was thinking perhaps a single Linux system running Samba could masquerade itself as multiple Windows machines, but I don't know if that's really possible.

Of course is possible, it all depends on how many horse power do you
have for this ;)

I havent used much samba myself, sorry, but you could create some
minimal debian installation with deboostrap and then run separate
minimal machines with lxc. If you have access to professional servers,
you could pull it off without much effort ;)

hope it helps