Re: Updating remote system (testing) through aptitude - non-bootable ... was it intel-microcode?

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Johannes Graumann
<johannes_graumann@web.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I administer a remote server running testing and updated it yesterday (apt
> history and dpkg log below). After that the system wouldn't reboot. I have
> access through the hosting companies "rescue system" and can rummage around,
> but am at a loss how to trouble shoot this, as messages,dmesg etc seem empty
> - the system just wont boot the upgraded debian installation.
>
> Can anyone point out what might have been the problem from the logs below?
> How about the microcode update? Could that lead to this?
>
> Any ideas on how to proceed?

I think is unrelated, but I just upgraded some remote box and wont
boot either :)

Take a look at this for booting logs so you can see the actual error
http://wiki.debian.org/bootlogd

hope it helps