Re: Botched python upgrade mangled my system--- HELP

   A great big THANK YOU for all the help with my
python upgrade mistakes.

(1) When plugged into a nearby ethernet connection
(of course very lucky that there is one), I got
connected immediately.  From /etc/network/interfaces

>   auto lo
>   iface lo inet loopback
>
>   # The primary network interface
>   allow-hotplug eth0
>   #NetworkManager#iface eth0 inet dhcp

   I decided to try working with this file without
editing it.

(2)  The apt-get sequence of instructions
seemed to be working all right until

apt-get upgrade

started  to work on the "amd64-image".  At that
point, it quit, saying "no space left on the
device".

   I have encountered this problem before.  I
think that, during the initial debian install,
I tried to follow some out-of-date disk partitioning
advice in the documentation.  When the same thing
went wrong with a later install on a different machine,
I seem to have avoided trouble by just accepting the
installer-supplied defaults.

   Anyway, thanks once again for any help.