Re: Kernel module version from source/package without downloading?

On 07/01/2013 10:05 AM, Helmut Wollmersdorfer wrote:
Hi,

how can I find out the version number of a particular kernel module
without downloading, without installing, without booting, from

- the kernel source repository
- the debian source package
- the debian binary package
- the running kernel, or the loaded modules

I.e. I would like the version number of a kernel module (e.g. drbd,
megaraid_sas, igb) before deciding to download, compile, or install.

TIA

Helmut Wollmersdorfer

# apt-cache search linux-image |grep ^linux
HTH