Re: Strange behavior with pdf docs

The newer versions of pdf reader open all documents in protected mode.
There's supposed to be an enable-all-features button in adobe you can
hit with your mouse to unprotect these documents at least on windows.
This protected mode also disables screen readers and if the screen
reader user can't hit the enable -all--features button somehow in
console or gui mode, they may as well trash the pdf document and
uninstall the readers for them too since they're not going to read those
documents.  If a document is password protected the enable-all-features
button may show up, but very probably won't work if it's hit.

On Wed, 29 May 2013, Brad Alexander wrote:

> I seem to be having a problem with scanned documents. Many of the ones I
> have scanned over the years will not open properly. I have tried in okular
> and gimp, as well as in the new built-in pdf reader in iceweasel. In okular
> and gimp, I get a strange icon over the top of the document (see attached),
> and in iceweasel, I get a semi-transparent yellow page with black bars over
> the document. I used gscan2pdf to scan most all of said documents, during
> about the 0.9.x days.
>
> Does anyone know what the cause of this is and is there a way to fix it?
>
> Thanks,
> --b

jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>
About to block another web browser version?  Ask yourself what Tim
Berners-lee would do.