Re: apt-get upgraded kernel, zero bytes download?

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 10:14 PM, Raffaele Morelli <raffaele.morelli@gmail.com> wrote:
2013/5/15 Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com>
On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 8:52 PM, Raffaele Morelli <raffaele.morelli@gmail.com> wrote:
2013/5/15 Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com>
(My system speaks to me in Japanese, so the messages below are my translations.)

that's a big issue :-)

Nah, c'mon, my Japanese is perfect. Kanpeki-tte-yuttoru yanka.

:-\

yeah, you win B-)

... the booby prize, I suppose.

The times I have had Japanese assume that, just because I have pretty good pronunciation and grammar, I can read their minds, ...

You're right. The squeeze3 kernel, etc. packages are right there in the cache directory.

Odd. The dates are Saturday afternoon and evening. I just checked synaptic, and it says notify, not download. Synaptic isn't going to have a separate setting for download-in-background is it?

But I'm pretty sure I ran apt-get update and upgrade in proper order on Sunday and Monday.  Any idea why the install would wait until today?

Can't help you here, I do not use synaptic at all but apt-get upgrade it's quite straightforward... have a look at you history to check what went on with apt-get
Moreover, check your atp logs

Okay, I have a little time to check the configuration and logs before the sandman does me in tonight.

conf.d/50unattended-upgrades has stable and security uncommented in the Unattended-Upgrade::Allowed-Origins section. Does that take precedence over, say, 10periodic? Or is the kernel not part of the Download-Upgradeable-Packages clause (set to "0")?

And nothing shows for the kernel this month at all in history.log or term.log.

But apticron did send me a mail about it, with a list of legitimate looking fixes and urgency set high, claiming dann frazier was in charge of the upgrade.l

Joel Rees