Forcefed: The introduction of Grub2 submenus

I used to use grub-reboot to boot remotely into any OS, which is installed on
one of my boxes. Since the introduction of submenus into grub2 that does not
work anymore.
Who had the bright idea to push submenus in Grub2 down our throats?
I don't want them. I want something straight forward.
Somebody equally upset called it brain damage.
One might argue that it's not a bug but it certainly bugs me.

So after calming down a bit:
I found this:
and the 10_linux.patch works.

Does anybody know if and when this patch will find its way into testing?

Kind regards
Eike