Re: Using qemu to boot Fedora x86_64 iso

Joel Roth wrote:
>Hi list,
>
>This is borderling off-topic: I'm using qemu under Debian to
>try to run the latest Fedora 64-bit .iso.
>
>qemu-system-x86_64 --enable-kvm -cdrom Fedora-18-x86_64-Live-Desktop.iso -m 512 linux.img
>
>Fedora boots, the spinner-pointer runs, and eventually the
>system hangs showing a monitor logo and the message
>"Please ask the administrator for assistance."
>
>I'd like to do some testing in a virtual machine.
>Wonder if anyone has suggestions to get a better result.

I've had a similar problem recently when trying to run the Fedora live
image. It helped a lot more when I gave the system more memory - 512M
is very small for a graphical desktop these days. You'll still be
stuck with fallback mode though, I guess.

"It's actually quite entertaining to watch ag129 prop his foot up on
 the desk so he can get a better aim."          [ seen in ucam.chat ]