Using qemu to boot Fedora x86_64 iso

Hi list,

This is borderling off-topic: I'm using qemu under Debian to
try to run the latest Fedora 64-bit .iso.

qemu-system-x86_64 --enable-kvm -cdrom Fedora-18-x86_64-Live-Desktop.iso -m 512 linux.img

Fedora boots, the spinner-pointer runs, and eventually the
system hangs showing a monitor logo and the message
"Please ask the administrator for assistance."

I'd like to do some testing in a virtual machine.
Wonder if anyone has suggestions to get a better result.

Regards,

--
Joel Roth