Re: Howto: Record playing audio only via ffmpeg/avconv

On Mon, 13 May 2013 06:02:57 +0200, Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
On Thu, May 09, 2013 at 01:42:01AM +0000, T o n g wrote:

It'll be much simpler if you have PulseAudio installed. Check out:

JFTR. I found the exact opposite! Removing PulseAudio made everything work.

I'm using different distros and need to use all installs without PA. However, pro-audio on my machine is that terrible broken [1], that I cleaned a primary partition last night, to install XP, to test the audio card with an original RME driver. I bought the RME card, after it was recommended, as working with Linux by many users. I can't speak for consumer audio, I'm not using desktop sound etc., but once I've got a working environment, I don't update anymore! saince updates easily can breake at lest "pro-audio".

Linux audio always was an issue and it didn't become better in the last 10 years and I'm using Linux only, mainly for audio.

[1] Independent of the used distro, I've got a Linux and FreeBSD multi-boot and in some hours I perhaps have a Linux, FreeBSD and Microsoft multi-boot :(, caused by audio issues.