Re: debian sid, kernel 3.8 and volume group not found.

I've not tried, I'll do.
But why there's no need to add rootdelay in the other machine?

On 13 May 2013 01:53, Dick Thomas <xpd259@gmail.com> wrote:
On 13 May 2013 00:25, Mauro <mrsanna1@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is already installed.
>

> On 12 May 2013 15:25, Alan Greenberger <alanjg@ptd.net> wrote:
>>
>> On 2013-05-11, Mauro <mrsanna1@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Yes I've did not mention that the machine where the new kernel does not
>> > work has an amd64 processor.

>> Maybe install package amd64-microcode ?
>>

>> --

have you tried adding the

rootdelay=6
to your kernel command line?

this is needed in newer kernels when booting
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/release-notes.en.txt

http://about.me/dick.thomas
http://www.dick-thomas.co.uk
Blog: www.xpd259.co.uk