Re: debian sid, kernel 3.8 and volume group not found.

On 10 May 2013, Mauro wrote:
>    I have two pc, same distro, debian sid, same software, same configuration.
>    I'm using the new kernel 3.8.
>    In one pc the boot is ok, in the other I've volume group xxx not found,
>    I've noticed also a message like module microcode.ko not found.
>    Can you help me?

I've noticed the same thing. Specifically, microcode does not load on my
desktop machine, which has an AMD Athlon 64 processor. I tried with the
AMD64 kernel as well, without success.

On my Thinkpad, with an Intel processor, microcode does work but the
tp_smapi module (battery charge control) does not load.

I've removed this kernel from both machines.

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
http://www.acupuncturecourse.org.uk