Re: debian sid, kernel 3.8 and volume group not found.

Yes I've did not mention that the machine where the new kernel does not work has an amd64 processor.

On 11 May 2013 09:53, Anthony Campbell <ac@acampbell.org.uk> wrote:
On 10 May 2013, Mauro wrote:
>    I have two pc, same distro, debian sid, same software, same configuration.
>    I'm using the new kernel 3.8.
>    In one pc the boot is ok, in the other I've volume group xxx not found,
>    I've noticed also a message like module microcode.ko not found.
>    Can you help me?

I've noticed the same thing. Specifically, microcode does not load on my
desktop machine, which has an AMD Athlon 64 processor. I tried with the
AMD64 kernel as well, without success.

On my Thinkpad, with an Intel processor, microcode does work but the
tp_smapi module (battery charge control) does not load.

I've removed this kernel from both machines.

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
http://www.acupuncturecourse.org.uk