Re: Bug in audio recently

On Sun, 2013-05-12 at 00:55 +0100, Dan Dart wrote:
> Also, I have a broken soundcard I want to be able to turn it off but I
> can find no option to do this.

If you can't disable the internal sound card, then remove the driver to
disable it. On my machine the internal sound card is disabled by the
BIOS, but I've got two PCI and one PCIe sound card, since my PC is an
audio production machine. To get the sound card driver names and to see
if it's enabled or disabled e.g. run hwinfo.

For example:

# hwinfo --sound | grep Driver
  Driver: "snd_hdspm"
  Driver Modules: "snd_hdspm"
  Driver Info #0:
    Driver Status: snd_hdspm is active
    Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe snd_hdspm"
  Driver: "snd_ice1712"
  Driver Modules: "snd_ice1712"
  Driver Info #0:
    Driver Status: snd_ice1712 is active
    Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe snd_ice1712"
  Driver: "snd_ice1712"
  Driver Modules: "snd_ice1712"
  Driver Info #0:
    Driver Status: snd_ice1712 is active
    Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe snd_ice1712"

# modprobe -r snd_ice1712

# hwinfo --sound | grep Driver
  Driver: "snd_hdspm"
  Driver Modules: "snd_hdspm"
  Driver Info #0:
    Driver Status: snd_hdspm is active
    Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe snd_hdspm"
  Driver Info #0:
    Driver Status: snd_ice1712 is not active