Bug in audio recently

Hi,

I'm not sure what's at fault for my recent bug.
The problem is that since a couple of weeks ago applications have
stopped working for my USB headphones.
I can press "test" on the phonon configurator and it plays the sound
through them perfectly but even when I push them
to the highest priority no applications will use them.
I've tried mplayer, totem, kaffeine, dragon and chromium and none of
them will honour the preference.
I'm about to try to install more phonon backends to see if that resolves it...

Also, I have a broken soundcard I want to be able to turn it off but I
can find no option to do this.

Cheers

Dan Dart
_____
WEB DEVELOPER | SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR | BLOGGER | MUSICIAN
http://dandart.co.uk