RE: grub finding but not adding other OS

Hi,

I found this documentation on the Ubuntu site, so I'm guessing it should apply for debian too.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2/Setup#Main_Directories_.26_Files

First you need to ensure that an entry appears in the /etc/grub.d folder. This entry must be executable.
chmod +x

Then you execute update-grub as root.

HTH,
K.