grub finding but not adding other OS

Hi.
My machine is dual boot, with two hdd.
The first one has Fedora 18, the second (which is really the one
I primarily use) has Debian, just upgraded to Wheezy yesterday.
The BIOS generally chooses the first hdd, with Fedora, and I had
grub on there booting Squeeze by default.
After upgrading to Wheezy, I booted the fedora and ran grub2-mkconfig,
and it found Wheezy, but did NOT add it to the boot menu.
I used the BIOS to boot the second drive and updated grub on the Wheezy disk.
Same thing, either with grub-mkconfig or update-grub, it finds the Fedora
OS, but it does not add it to the grub menu.
Personally, I'd like to install grub from the wheezy side, to the fedora side,
with wheezy as the default, but including the fedora as an option.
I seem to be finding conflicting information, and my attempts so far have failed.
I'm finding I have to enter the BIOS and choose the second hdd manually to boot
wheezy, which is a PITA.

Any and all assistance, as always, appreciated. (alliteration)

thanks,
tony
--
http://www.tonybaldwin.me