Re: wheezy irqbalance

On 5/9/2013 10:21 AM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> On 5/9/2013 6:05 AM, Guy Marcenac wrote:
>
>> I have just upgraded to wheezy.
>> In my daemon .log, I noticed these warnings
>> May  9 10:00:15 kim2 /usr/sbin/irqbalance: WARNING: MSI interrupts found
>> in /proc/interrupts
>> May  9 10:00:15 kim2 /usr/sbin/irqbalance: But none found in sysfs, you
>> need to update your kernel
>> May  9 10:00:15 kim2 /usr/sbin/irqbalance: Until then, IRQs will be
>> improperly classified
>
> See:
> https://code.google.com/p/irqbalance/source/detail?r=1523a7830cb2670cb531a5fdea86885eaa648eaf&path=/procinterrupts.c
>
> The rescan patch is not included in Wheezy irqbalance 1.0.3-3.  What is
> happening is that your device MSIs aren't being registered before
> irqbalance does its initial scan, so it doesn't find them in sysfs.
>
> This rescan patch was designed to allow for recreating the IRQ map after
> a hotplug event, such as a CPU or PCI/-X/e card.  It also fixes the boot
> time IRQ enumeration/irqbalance startup order problem as the 2nd scan
> finds the entries in sysfs.

This patch was added in Debian

irqbalance (1.0.4-1) unstable; urgency=low

* New upstream release 1.0.4
Improve rescan ability to catch a timing race early in irqbalance setup

 -- Anibal Monsalve Salazar <anibal@debian.org>  Tue, 23 Oct 2012
17:31:14 +1100

So you'll need to install irqbalance 1.0.5-2 from Jesse (testing) and
hope that works with the Wheezy kernel, or build irqbalance from source.

Or simply cron a stop/start of irqbalance some x minutes after bootup.

--
Stan